top of page

Work Permit

Work Permit

When it comes to work permits, IRCC offers various options for foreign nationals who want to work in Canada temporarily.

Here are some common types of work permits issued by IRCC:

  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP): This program allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary labor shortages in specific occupations. Employers usually need to obtain a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before offering a job to a foreign worker. The LMIA confirms that there is a genuine need for a foreign worker and that no Canadian worker is available to fill the position.

  • International Mobility Program (IMP): The IMP includes work permits issued under various international agreements and initiatives, such as NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), CETA (Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement), and the Global Skills Strategy. These agreements facilitate the entry of foreign workers into Canada for specific purposes and under certain conditions.

  • Working Holiday Program: Canada has bilateral agreements with several countries that allow young people (usually aged 18-30 or 35) to live and work in Canada for a limited period, typically up to one year. The Working Holiday Program promotes cultural exchange and provides an opportunity for young individuals to experience life in Canada while working to support themselves.

  • Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP): International students who have completed a program of study at a designated learning institution in Canada may be eligible for a PGWP. This work permit allows them to gain Canadian work experience related to their field of study for a duration of up to three years.

Eligibility Criteria 

How to Apply?

Each category has its specific requirements, eligibility criteria, and application procedures. It's important to visit the official IRCC website or consult with an immigration professional for up-to-date and accurate information on work permits and immigration processes in Canada.

For further information please contact us at or call 647-719-2723 to get your application started.

work at coffee shop

Need Consultation?

If you would like to process your application , the best way to start is to have a consultation with one of our experienced consultants.


Frequently Asked Questionas

bottom of page